Monday, September 30, 2019

Just another random essay post that I can't think of a good title for

Anyway, this is meant to be a post on Jessie's 8 year premiere anniversary (today, September 30). I was going to say some things about the show but...eh, my last post ended up stealing that thunder, oops. 

But my point still stands that Jessie...sure as hell experienced some deevolution there. I've been watching the show just on Disney Channel (they...sure love their Jessie over there) and let me tell you, the difference between a good episode and a bad episode is night and day. I just wish Christian and Sean had watched a good episode, although I insist they did. 

But let's look at 2013 compared to now. I won't run down every show because I've done that so many times in the past. I just want to run down some of the big tentpoles that were my favorites - of course Jessie, but Shake it Up, Austin & Ally, Good Luck Charlie and the big newcomer of that year, Liv and Maddie. 

Not all these shows had the same quality of writing - yeah we won't talk about Austin & Ally. But there was a real sense of a continuing storyline with a bunch of people that really felt interconnected with each other - not necessarily as a family but at least close to it.

Sydney to the Max and to a lesser extent Coop & Cami (yes I watch that show now) do a good job of this. Just Roll With It...well it makes attempts (which are surprisingly successful) but at least it works with its premise well. Hell even Bunk'd is...a great improvement over what it was.

And then we have Raven's Home. The more I think about it, to get into that really deserves its own post. Really I have no idea what I'm doing with this one and...yeah I'm calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wow I can configure the title for "Featured Post"

Let's talk about The Loud House tonight.

  You can either die and be "Making Fiends," or live long enough to see yourself become "SpongeBob." There are times whe...

Wow I can put a title here for "Popular Posts"