Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Let's talk about The Thundermans....

This Friday, The Thundermans is coming to an end with its final four (technically five, since the last one is two parts) episodes. Originally, I thought they were going to spread it out over the next few weeks, with the last episode on June 15. But no, that's not the case. The last couple episodes of the series are all coming out on the same night.

I don't see the point in doing this at all. This might be one of the dumbest business decisions I've ever heard of. This is how a show that has been on Nickelodeon since 2013 is getting treated? Why would they just burn off the final episodes of the show like this? They just expect people to tune in on Friday and watch them all at once?

Another idea I had was them doing it on Saturday night. You know, the night that new episodes of the show aired? Or because there are so many episodes, space them out over the weekend with the series finale on Memorial Day. I mean, they always advertise things on "your day off from school." Wouldn't kids want to see the series finale of a long-running show on their day off from school?

What really irritates me is that the Saturday night model I suggested is what they're using for the reruns. They're going to air reruns of these episodes the night after. They even fixed it so that the series finale airs in prime time. Why not just air all the episodes on Saturday night? What's the point of doing it on Friday? Who came up with this?

Originally, I was considering writing reviews of all the remaining episodes, because I felt like it was appropriate to spend time with the show in its final days. But since Nickelodeon's decided to just toss them all at once, I don't see that working out. I will be reviewing the series finale without a doubt, and probably have mini-reviews of all the other episodes sprinkled in. Then I'm going to talk about the series as a whole and what this means for Nickelodeon now that it is ending. Hopefully, I'm not completely burnt out on Friday night going through these episodes and the show can close things out on a high note. So expect something Thundermans-related this Memorial Day weekend.

2 comments:

  1. They could have at least only burned off a few and saved the finale for later where they would really pump it up, but nope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I could maybe see them wanting to air two episodes one day, then two the next, and then the last two another day. But now, the fact that the show is ending won't sink in. I've never heard of this happening for any other show.

      Delete

Wow I can configure the title for "Featured Post"

Let's talk about The Loud House tonight.

  You can either die and be "Making Fiends," or live long enough to see yourself become "SpongeBob." There are times whe...

Wow I can put a title here for "Popular Posts"