Monday, August 20, 2018

Current Disney Channel and Nickelodeon live-action only shows between now and the premiere of Coop and Cami, Ranked

Disney Channel:

Standing Alone At The Top Tier: Bizaardvark
Shockingly improved but still very bad tier: Bunk'd
Unwatchable Garbage Tier: Literally everything else (yes this includes Andi Mack now, deal with it)

Nickelodeon:

Standing Alone At The Top Tier: I Am Frankie
Excited To See It's Returning Tier: Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel
Unwatchable Garbage Tier: Henry Danger

...I literally don't know of any other live-action Nickelodeon shows right now. This might be a new low record in a long time, if not since the early 90s.

Star Falls and Knight Squad are part of the new class of live-action Nick shows. I don't know how long either show will last (especially Star Falls, which should have been a TV movie instead of a series), but from what I've seen, both are pretty decent.

I watched the season two premiere of I Am Frankie (well, most of it) and an episode from season one, and it looks like the show is alright. I was getting vibes of The Secret World of Alex Mack. Anyone ever watched that show? They almost never show it on TV, but this episode was like the one where Alex splits into two different personalities: One good and one evil. They really should air reruns on The Splat. If I watch more I Am Frankie episodes, I'll go further with the comparisons.


You know what? The Loud House deserves to be in the top tier. Animated or not, it's the only show right now that really gives me that feeling of quality. I don't see it as an alright show, it's a genuinely good show with a 90s style that doesn't feel like pandering.


Disney Channel and Nickelodeon have both died. Once Bunk'd, Raven's Home, Andi Mack, and I Am Frankie end, they will never recover.

5 comments:

  1. Bitch, you did not put Bizardvark at the top of anything.

    But wow, look at how few shows there are on both sides, but especially Nick. They have to rely on those soap opera things to stay afloat, yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get to Bizzarvark someday, i get my ...problems with it.

      Delete
    2. Is it bigger than Buffy literally dropping the ball in the middle of the game after people tell her they wouldn't pass the ball to her because they think she'll drop it, or moving out only to move back in literally the very next episode?

      Delete
    3. At least that show has an identity it can call it's own, and any flaws it has at least unique. That latter thing was pretty dumb though.

      Delete
  2. Oh, if we're lumping in cartoons, most of the Disney ones are top tier. And Loud House is really all Nick has going for them these days.

    ReplyDelete

Wow I can configure the title for "Featured Post"

Let's talk about The Loud House tonight.

  You can either die and be "Making Fiends," or live long enough to see yourself become "SpongeBob." There are times whe...

Wow I can put a title here for "Popular Posts"