Monday, July 8, 2019

Cameron Boyce

Like pretty much everybody I was as shocked as you guys were when I woke up and learned that he had died apparently in his sleep from a seizure. RIP Luke :(

But I also want to talk briefly about the Debby situation. I know it's not her fault that people ended up making his death about her, but I think posting a snippet about Cameron talking about doing good on social media vs. doing bad, after shutting off all comments on her Insta...kinda seems like she's adding onto shifting his death being about her, if you ask me.

That's pretty much it.

UPDATE: Just for clarification's sake since Spongey and Shipping Wars are Stupid brought it up, but yeah, what happened was that people were bombarding Debby's social media, particularly Insta, with SAY SOMETHING DEBBY! until she just turned off all comments. Then she put up a video of Cameron at the Thirst Project talking about how social media gives people the power to do good or to destroy. That's pretty much it and she's turned comments back on. And yeah this is like...almost two weeks ago now but meh.

Anyway I just want to say...yeah, I mean, there's nothing really to say other than the obvious (or at least what Spongey and Shipping Wars are Stupid have already said).

4 comments:

  1. Shipping Wars are StupidJuly 8, 2019 at 4:47 PM

    I am very saddened by Cameron's passing. He was just a kid. I can't imagine how much his family and his friends are hurting right now.

    I didn't watch Jessie for anything other than background noise but I did enjoy him a lot in Grown-Ups.

    Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't aware there was any Debby "situation". She hadn't made a real tweet about it but she insta story'd so that was nice at least. Meanwhile, nothing yet from Dove or Sofia but there could be so many reasons for that and I'm not one to really pry into that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shipping Wars are StupidJuly 10, 2019 at 5:52 PM

      Agreed.

      It's kind of surreal to me that our society expects friends and families to make statements on tragedies literally hours after it happened.

      I say, let them mourn in their own time.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, basically what you said. People were just bombarding her with SAY SOMETHING DEBBY!

      Delete

Wow I can configure the title for "Featured Post"

Let's talk about The Loud House tonight.

  You can either die and be "Making Fiends," or live long enough to see yourself become "SpongeBob." There are times whe...

Wow I can put a title here for "Popular Posts"