Thursday, February 25, 2016

A plea to my readership (like, the five of you who actually bother)

How ya doin? (Yes I'm ripping Christian off here...again).

No, I'm not threatening to quit the blog...uh, again. But I am interested in knowing a few things from you.

For the next set of projects I want to do here for the blog (both this one and the new one, though they're really the same) I really want to know what people think of Disney Channel and Nickelodeon beyond just the reviews we do here. What you think of the shows that's on right now in a broad fashion, why you hate/like them and what about it that makes you love it/sets you off about it. From both the feedback I'm getting here and from Christian and Sean's blog I have a pretty good idea what people love and hate about Girl Meets World, but I'm really curious what you think of other shows. Like Jessie, Austin & Ally, Liv and Maddie, Bunk'd, K.C. Undercover, Best Friends Whenever. Thundermans, Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn, Game Shakers, Henry Danger, Make it Pop!, The Legend of Korra. Lab Rats, Kirby Buckets, Mighty Med, Gravity Falls. And any other piece of entertainment that's been on broadcast or basic cable (or heck even premium I guess) that's squarely aimed at pre-teens and teens (the specific age range I'm looking at is, say, 10 all the way to 18). 

I'm also very curious what you would look for, specifically, in such programming from the future. From yourselves as audience members and what you'd like for your own children.

Also, I guess with this blog in particular. You like my long-winded off-topic rants where I talk about cellular mitosis, the U.S. higher education system...uhh, I think I even threw in the 1974 Plymouth Volaire at one point? Or do you want me to quit it? What kind of shows you'd like to see reviewed? I'd really like to keep this to shows aimed in that aforementioned age range - "adult" programming is already vastly represented by a practically infinite number of professional reviewers along with joe schmoe random blogs both written and in handy-dandy video format, which essays on children's media doesn't seem to be of much interest - but hey, if you want me to review or write an essay on a particular show I'm game for it, at least for one episode. I've reviewed other programming before, all the way to the beginning of this blog.

And heck, I can do other things as well, though I already write for a number of community blogs about various topics. But I can always cross-link if nothing else.

Don't forget to throw your input in, Mike and Nick!

Oh, and I'd like to get Sean from Girl Meets World Reviewed to do a guest spot on this blog. Nothing that would step on the toes of GMWReviewed, just a one time thing.

1 comment:

  1. At this point, I'm indifferent to each disney sitcom until it does something particularly good or bad.

    ReplyDelete

Wow I can configure the title for "Featured Post"

Let's talk about The Loud House tonight.

  You can either die and be "Making Fiends," or live long enough to see yourself become "SpongeBob." There are times whe...

Wow I can put a title here for "Popular Posts"